Unite in White 2014 has now finished
01 May 2014
- Ovarian cancer is the leading cause of death of all gynaecological cancers.
- Unlike other cancers, there is NO early detection test.
- Ovarian cancer has a lower survival rate than both breast and cervical cancer.
- 80% of women are already in the advanced stages of the disease when diagnosed.
- Over 50% of the community incorrectly believe a pap smear diagnoses ovarian cancer.
- The key to changing these statistics and giving women with ovarian cancer a better long-term outlook is early detection.
- You don’t have to be a scientist to make a difference.
- Research is the answer.